A crazy month of sustained collecting, which saw my wallet screaming out as over 200 lari was extracted (about $110).
Pepela has a lot of new Hot Wheels in stock, an immediate danger to my wallet. The month began with four models: two Matchbox from Carrefour and two Hot Wheels from Pepela. The 2014 Matchbox range has little of interest to me, as there are very few cars (lots of trucks) and very few unlicensed vehicles, there are some exceptions: two stand out models are a Police Lamborghini Gallardo (I love Matchbox Lamborghinis) and the 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS….Carrefour had both in stock. Later I went to Pepela, unlike October where I was left to choose from models I had previously overlooked, (see choosing a model and wants’ list) they had restocked with a lot of new models and I actually left some I wanted behind. I chose two from my wants’ list: a Datsun 510 Bluebird Wagon and a Porsche 934 Turbo RSR. I would revist Pepela a few times in the first week of November picking up more Hot Wheels: a second Datsun 510 Bluebird Wagon , a Mazda RX-7, a Nissan 370Z, a 2014 Corvette Stingray and my first motorbike a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy. I still haven’t found a Snoopy or a Morris Mini.
11 November…a day to remember, I found a Matchbox Lamborghini Miura in a five pack of exotic rides in Carrefour.
The five cars are 1968 Lamborghini Miura P400S / BMW Z8 / ’06 Lotus Exige / ’08 Corvette ZR1/Volkswagen W12 Concept.
2013 Matchbox Exotic Rides 5 Pack
Volkswagen W12 Concept.
I had a previous (2013) exotic rides five pack which I got for the Ford GT. I would be happier to find the Matchbox Lamborghini Miura and Ford GT from the late sixties. My finds were not finished the woman in the market, I must find out her name some time, had a few models a Matchbox Lifeguard five pack for just 10 lari….but the Karman Ghia was the only one of the five models that interested me, she also had a model of the Express Delivery Van for just 3 lari. The Express Delivery Van is interesting in that unlike other recent Matchbox it has an opening part, an opening hatch at the rear, it is a pity the only diecast part is the base. The rear opening hatch reminds me of a childhood model I had of a Matchbox Pickford’s Removal Van, with an opening rear door, my parents would occasionally put sweets in the back.
12th November: added a Chinese made Audi R8, no brand marked on the car but it has opening doors, pull back motor and rubber tyres all for just 3 lari.
13 November: Revisited the woman at the market, she had a few toy vehicles. I bought a Matchbox Fire Engine (Blaze Blitzer) for 3 lari. In the evening I popped into Pepela in Rustaveli once more. A few tempting Hot Wheels models but none on my wants’ list, came away with a Lamborghini Aventador J (third Lamborghini this month).
14 and 15 November picked up two Fords, Ford is the make most represented in my collection and that doesn’t look like changing anytime soon (1. Ford 58, 2. Chevrolet 50 and 3. Porsche 40). The first was a ’70 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Hot Wheels), I already have a ’71 Mach 1, the ’70 is shorter than the ’71. Super Toys in Kazbegi Street has a drum full of Hot Wheels and the odd Matchbox, I took one of the odd Matchboxes a Ford Police Interceptor in dark green with “MARSHALL” emblazoned on the side (variations exist with “MARSHAL” spelt with one L both versions seem quite widespread). My budget is close to the limit and we’re only half way through the month.
19 November added a Matchbox Food Truck and a 3 wheel wreck of a 1914 Vauxhall Prince Henry by Zee Toys (Made in Hong Kong) on the base it says 1941 Vauxhall, but it looks like a Prince Henry Vauxhall, the first British Sports Car to top 100 mph. My total expenditure for the month is 99.90 lari, looks like the budget limit (100 lari) is in serious danger.
20 November: If I’m going to go over budget, I might as well do it in style, having been paid for some lessons I felt extravagant and splashed out on a pair of German sports cars from Bburago. A classic 1:32 scale 1957 BMW 507 and a 1:43 scale Porsche 911 GT3 in Race Livery.
Visited Drybridge Market and came away with 6 cars and my wallet 49 lari lighter. This is getting a little crazy. I bought a couple of DeAgostini Models of Soviet Vehicles: A Moskvitch 434 and a Lada 2107. Two Soviet tin plate racing cars and two Hot Wheels: a Saleen S7 and an unidentified Funny Car….identified as a Firebird Funny Car by after posting on the Facebook group “Pinoy Hot Wheels Collectors Club (PHWCC)” .
25 November: A more sober purchase just a single Hot Wheels car from Pepela a ‘64 Chevelle SS…but now the budget is scraping 200 lari.
29 November: Possibly the final model of the month a VW Cool Combi…not sure about this it is popular with my friends in the Philippines Hot Wheels groups on Facebook…my wife thinks it is “cute”…
The VW Kool Kombi was the 13th Hot Wheels of the month, Mattel shareholders will be happy as I also bought 11 Matchbox models.
Vehicle Manufacturer Price Shop, Market stall etc..
- Lamborghini Gallardo Police Matchbox 4.50 lari Carrefour, Vagzlis
- 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS Matchbox 4.50 lari Carrefour, Vagzlis
- Porsche 934 Turbos RSR Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Rustaveli
- ’71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Rustaveli
- Mazda RX-7 Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Marjanshvili
- Nissan 370Z Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Marjanshvili
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Marjanshvili
- ’71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela,Marjanshvili
- Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Marjanshvili
- 1927 Panhard 35CV Siharuli 5 lari Drybridge Market
- 1968 Lamborghini Miura Matchbox 22.90 lari (5 pack) Carrefour, Vagzlis
- BMW Z8 Matchbox
- ’06 Lotus Exige Matchbox
- ’08 Corvette ZR1 Matchbox
- Volkswagen W12 Concept Matchbox
- Express Delivery Matchbox 3 lari Woman, Vagzlis
- Audi R8 Made in China 3 lari Varketili Metro Arcade
- Blaze Blitzer Matchbox 3 lari Woman, Vagzlis
- Lamborghini Aventador J Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Rustaveli
- ’70 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Marjanshvili
- Ford Police Interceptor Matchbox 4.90 lari Super Toys, Kazbegi St
- Food Truck Matchbox 3 lari Woman, Vaglis
- 1941 (sic) Vauxhall Zee Toys 2 lari Edouard, Vagzlis
- BMW 507 Bburago 30.14 lari Goodwill, Vake
- Porsche 911 GT3 Bburago 15.07 lari Goodwill, Vake
- Moskvitch 434 DeAgostini 20 lari Drybridge market
- Lada 2107 DeAgostini 15 lari Drybridge market
- Tin Plate Racer (black) Made in USSR 5 lari Drybridge market
- Tin Plate Racer (white) Made in USSR 5 lari Drybridge market
- Saleen S7 Hot Wheels 2 lari Drybridge market
- Firebird Funny Car Hot Wheels 2 lari Drybridge market
- ’64 Chevy Chevelle SS Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Rustaveli
- Volkswagen Kool Kombi Hot Wheels 4.90 lari Pepela, Rustaveli
33 vehicles.13 Hot Wheels, 11 Matchbox,.2 Bburago, 2 DeAgostini and 1Sikharuli. Cost 203.91 lari. 2 Porsche, 3 Ford, 3 Chevrolet, 5 Japanese Cars, 10 European Sports Cars (of which 3 Lamborghinis), a classic French car, three vans and 1 Motorbike.