There are a few stockists of Hot Wheels in Tbilisi with the new 2017 models : Carrefour, Pepela, XS Toys, Super and Smart... but all of them seem to have their selection from the B Case. Hot Wheels puts out 15 cases a year, and some cars overlap but some are not found in every case. I watch with interest RaceGrooves unboxing videos on YouTube (and sometimes Lamley Group Unboxing Videos, too).
I actually found the Super Treasure Hunt in Smart, the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine.
I also have the regular Treasure Hunt Fangula.
The box has a good selection, I picked up a lot of models I was excited about (obviously the Mystery Machine Super TH was the most exciting). There was the Fairlady 2000, Li’l Red Express Truck, ’68 Mustang (tooned), 1970 Dodge Charger (from Fast and Furious) and Minecart. Then there was the ’55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser with new colour and tampos (I now have 4 variants of that casting), the ’77 Pontiac Firebird with flame tampos and a regular Mystery Machine. The last two I picked up were the Ford F150 Raptor (I preferred its colouring to the Dodge RAM) and Fangula.
Now I find myself looking at the pegs and wondering whether or not to get any more, I’ve already picked the sweetest models (for me).
Some of the ones I am considering are :
- K.I.T.T. -The car from Knight Rider. This wasn’t a TV show I watched, the car looks cool.
- Tesla S – I think I’d prefer to find the Matchbox Tesla
- Emoticar – a fun design with several emoticons in the barrel, on the side and on the base
- ‘69 Ford Torino Talladega – I have the blue model put out last year in the Speed Graphics series, I do like fastback muscle cars from this era, it is tempting.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible – I have a lot of Mustangs in my collection.
- Dodge Daytona (Tooned) – I’m not sure about the tooned cars, I got the ’68 Mustang but generally I prefer more realistic cars
- Porsche 993 GT2 – I already have a lot of Porsches but they are always tempting
- Lincoln Continental – I have three variants of this casting
- UNSC Warthog – from the HALO Video Game, I haven’t played the game but the casting looks pretty cool
- ‘14 Corvette Stingray – I preferred it when it was in the fire chief livery
- ’63 Chevy II
- Custom ’72 Chevy Luv Pick Up
- VW Golf Mk 7
- Dodge Viper SRT10
Then there are some that don’t interest me at all like Speedy Perez, Tarmac Attack and HW Poppa Wheelie
There are also cars on my Hot Wheels Wants’ list, new for 2017, like the Volkswagen Kafer Racer which won’t appear until the C Case, which I doubt we will see here.