First week of July saw these five models enter my collection: three are made in Thailand, two are made in Great Britain.
- Chevrolet Camaro (Majorette). This model was bought new from XS Toys. Majorette, a French brand; the models are now made in Thailand. This model has opening doors, a feature rare on recent Hot Wheels and Matchbox. Majorette are returning to US market
- Soopa Coopa (Matchbox). A model from the 1970s, made in England. I found this in the clothing market part of Vagzlis Basroba. The model is clearly a response by Matchbox to the Hot Wheels competition at the time with its fantasy shape and Superfast wheels. Soopa Coopa
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (Hot Wheels). This was probably from a Ferrari five pack before Hot Wheels lost the license to make Ferrari models. This model was “Made in Thailand”.
- Jaguar XJS (Corgi). The gold Jaguar tampo is partly worn off, the car is in British Racing Green. I find any Jaguar model difficult to resist. This model is made in Great Britain (the main Corgi factory was in Swansea, Wales).
- DAF Classic 55 Skip Truck (Matchbox). This was a Matchbox Real Working Rig with a skip. The skip and the plastic arm holding the skip are missing, but the model can be used to transport a 3 inch car. This model is Made in Thailand. The truck and the Jaguar cost me just 5 lari from the Secondhand Toy Store. Video clip of the model with skip: Matchbox rwr DAF classic 55 skip truck