25 more models added to my collection this month, but this included 11 in a Third Package from Estonia. 15 (60%) of the models are Matchbox. Only one was bought new, the rest were bought cheaply second hand for 3 lari or less a piece. It has been the least expensive month in a long time.
- Chevrolet Camaro (Majorette). This model was bought new from XS Toys. Majorette, a French brand; the models are now made in Thailand. This model has opening doors, a feature rare on recent Hot Wheels and Matchbox. Majorette are returning to US market
- Soopa Coopa (Matchbox). A model from the 1970s, made in England. I found this in the clothing market part of Vagzlis Basroba. The model is clearly a response by Matchbox to the Hot Wheels competition at the time with its fantasy shape and Superfast wheels. Soopa Coopa
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (Hot Wheels). This was probably from a Ferrari five pack before Hot Wheels lost the license to make Ferrari models. This model was “Made in Thailand”.
- Jaguar XJS (Corgi). The gold Jaguar tampo is partly worn off, the car is in British Racing Green. I find any Jaguar model difficult to resist. This model is made in Great Britain (the main Corgi factory was in Swansea, Wales).
- DAF Classic 55 Skip Truck (Matchbox). This was a Matchbox Real Working Rig with a skip. The skip and the plastic arm holding the skip are missing, but the model can be used to transport a 3 inch car. This model is Made in Thailand. The truck and the Jaguar cost me just 5 lari from the Secondhand Toy Store. Video clip of the model with skip: Matchbox rwr DAF classic 55 skip truck
6. Snow Groomer (Matchbox). The wrong season for this, I hope to be able to find it when it snows in the winter.
7. Dump Truck (Matchbox). I have no time for dump truck models that don’t tip. I’m sure Lazare could have some fun with this in a sand pit.
8. Chevy Blazer 4 x 4 (Hot Wheels) I have two of these now, one in yellow, one in red.
9. VW 1600TL (Matchbox) an early Superfast model. This is the first of the models from Viljar in Estonia. This has a big nostalgia buzz for me, I remember playing with a similar modell as a kid.
10. Ford Cortina Mk II (Matchbox) with regular wheels. I was very happy to receive this the first MkII Cortina in my collection (I have Corgi models of the Mk 1 and Mk III).
Continuing with the contents of the Third Package from Estonia.
11. Formula 5000 Racer (Matchbox). Typical of the style of racing cars in the seventies.
12. Mercury Commuter (Matchbox). This model has two dogs looking out the back.
13 and 14. Lotus Europa (Matchbox). Another early Superfast model.
15. Ford Zephyr 6 Estate Car (Husky). Classic sixties Ford, this was of a scale compatible with HO OO train tracks. The Husky brand was rebranded Corgi Juniors in 1970.
16. Saab 900 Turbo (Majorette). I wish I could find more Saabs. This one is quite playworn.
17. Citroen CX Break (Matchbox). This is a great model in near mint condition from the end of the Lesney Era.
18. Ford Fairlane Fire Chief (Matchbox). This model is from the mid sixties.
19. 1969 Ford Mustang GT (Lone Star). This model is without its doors but still has an opening hood and metallic gold paint like the Matchbox Lamborghini Miura.
20. Dodge Charger R/T (Hot Wheels). This model comes from the Hot Wheels Batman v Superman 5 pack.
21. VW Golf (Majorette). Scale 1:56. This model is missing its tailgate. metal base and body but no “Made in France” on the base so I suspect it was made in Thailand.
22. Chevrolet Corvette (Matchbox). I find Corvettes, like Mustangs and Lamborghinis very difficult to resist even though I already have plenty. Made in Macau.
23. Lamborghini Countach (Matchbox). From the Matchbox Universal era. The proportions of this model make it look slightly “tooned”.
24. 1995 Solaire CX4 (Hot Wheels). This is a Larry Wood creation loosely based on Aston Martin and Nimrod’s “NRA/C2” Group C GT racer, which was introduced in 1982. I thought it might have been a Porsche when I picked it up. It has an opening engine cover.
25. Toyota 4Runner (Matchbox). A recent casting of a classic off road Toyota.
Totals: 25 Models: 15 Matchbox, 4 Hot Wheels , 3 Majorette, 2 Husky-Corgi and 1 Lone Star.
1 bought new, 13bought secondhand and 11 gifts
Outlets: 11 from Viljar, 7 clothing market, 6 secondhand toys shop, 1 XS Toys
Total Cost: 42.39 lari ($17.68) June 2013 was the last time I spent less than 50 lari on models in a month.